Medium Huipil Convertible - Tulips
You'll feel like you've gone back in time with this vintage-feel floral huipil design, perfectly placed on caramel-toned leather. The more you wear this bag, the more it will fit and feel like a favorite pair of boots. Expertly crafted by a family of artisans in the village of Panajachel, Guatemala.
The Beauty is in the details:
- Crafted from top-grain leather and a traditional huipil from a rural village in Guatemala
- Bag can be worn 3 different ways: Shoulder Strap, Cross-Body & Backpack
- Adjustable cross-body and backpack straps included
- Storage zipper and neckline pocket on exterior. Large pockets and zipper storage inside.
- Every bag is unique and is meant to have vintage charm personality!
- Approximate dimensions: Length 15", Height 11", Diameter 5.5"
Making a difference:
- Your purchase helps support job opportunities to local artisans in Guatemala
- Vendors have long-standing relationships with artisans. Fair and ethical wages are earned.
- The lining (corte) & accent fabric (huipil) are sustainable and re-purposed on each bag.
In case you were wondering...
- A huipil is a traditional embroidered blouse worn by indigenous women. These can take months to create and are considered very valuable in Mayan tradition.
- A corte is a long fabric skirt also worn by the women in Guatemala