Medium Huipil Bag - 'Dreams'
Intricate weaving techniques and colors you can only imagine in your dreams are seamlessly woven together in this dainty yet refined beauty. You'll want to wear Dreams practically everywhere the wind takes you. Carefully crafted by a family of artisans in Panajachel, Guatemala.
The Beauty is in the details:
- Crafted from top-grain leather and a traditional huipil from a rural village in Guatemala
- Bag can be worn 2 different ways: Shoulder Strap or Cross-Body
- Adjustable cross-body and backpack straps included
- Large zipper storage and neckline pocket on exterior. Large pockets and zipper storage inside.
- Every bag is unique and is meant to have vintage charm personality!
- Approximate dimensions: Length 15", Height 11", Diameter 5.5"
Making a difference:
- Your purchase helps support job opportunities to local artisans in Guatemala
- Vendors have long-standing relationships with artisans and earn fair and ethical wages
- The lining (corte) & accent fabric (huipil) are sustainable and re-purposed on each bag.
In case you were wondering...
- A huipil is a traditional embroidered blouse worn by indigenous women. These can take months to create and are considered very valuable in Mayan tradition.
- A corte is a long fabric skirt also worn by the women in Guatemala