Medium Huipil Convertible - 'Miel'
Honey Flower has some of the most intricate details woven into the huipil. This design is truly a work of art meant to be appreciated and displayed. The integrity and beauty of the huipil were well maintained during the crafting process of the handbag itself. Made with care in the village of Panajachel, Guatemala by a family of artisans.
The Beauty is in the details:
- Crafted from top-grain leather and a traditional huipil from a rural village in Guatemala
- Bag can be worn 3 different ways: Shoulder Strap, Cross-Body or Backpack
- Adjustable cross-body and backpack strap included
- Storage zipper and neckline pocket on exterior. Large pockets and zipper storage inside.
- Every bag is unique and is meant to have vintage charm personality!
- Approximate Dimensions: Length 15", Height 11", Diameter 5.5"
Making a difference:
- Your purchase helps support job opportunities to local artisans in Guatemala.
- Vendors have long-standing relationships with artisans. Fair and ethical wages are earned.
- The lining (corte) & accent fabric (huipil) are sustainable and re-purposed on each bag.
Incase you were wondering...
- A huipil is a traditional embroidered blouse worn by indigenous women. These can take months to create and are considered very valuable in Mayan tradition.
- A corte is a long fabric skirt also worn by the women in Guatemala