Medium Huipil Bag - 'Rainbow'
Get ready for compliments! This eye-catching zig-zag patterned bag is a one-of-a-kind beauty specially made for the dreamer at heart. Crafted to perfection by a family of artisans in Panajachel, Guatemala, this bag will be a treasured gem for years to come.
The Beauty is in the details:
- Crafted from top-grain leather and a traditional huipil from a rural village in Guatemala
- Bag can be worn 2 different ways: Shoulder Strap or Cross-Body
- Adjustable cross-body strap included
- Storage zipper and neckline pocket on exterior. Large pockets and zipper storage inside.
- Every bag is unique and is meant to have vintage charm personality!
- Approximate dimensions: Length 15", Height 11", Diameter 5.5"
Making a difference:
- Your purchase helps support job opportunities to local artisans in Guatemala
- Vendors have long-standing relationships with artisans and earn fair and ethical wages
- The lining (corte) & accent fabric (huipil) are sustainable and re-purposed on each bag.
In case you were wondering...
- A huipil is a traditional embroidered blouse worn by indigenous women. These can take months to create and are considered very valuable in Mayan tradition.
- A corte is a long fabric skirt also worn by the women in Guatemala